SVP & CIO
CIO Award Finalist 2017
CIO Award Judge 2018
The CIO Adventure: Insights from the Leadership Award Finalists (2017)
Julia Davis joined Aflac in July 2013 as senior vice president and chief information officer (CIO). She oversees the day-to-day operations and strategic initiatives of Aflac’s Information Technology (IT) Division. She has cultivated a strong IT Division by leading Aflac’s IT Apprenticeship program and an innovative “reverse mentoring” program that pairs millennials with senior team members.
Previously, Julia served as CIO at American Safety Insurance, the Equipment Finance Division for GE Capital Healthcare Financial Services and GE Capital Business Productivity Solutions. Additionally, she held IT leadership positions at GE Energy, Armstrong World Industries, Information Builders, Ogden Government Services and CRSS Services Inc.
Julia began her career in the U.S. Air Force as a software engineer and earned the rank of captain. She received a bachelor’s degree in engineering physics from Lehigh University and a master’s degree in system administration from St. Mary’s University.
- ‘You can’t have 20 No. 1 priorities’: How Aflac’s CIO cut down IT project delivery times (2017-06-06)
- Forging your digital path: Don’t discount the power of slogans (2017-05-31)
- Workplace changes called for to place more women in IT jobs (2017-05-31)
- When It Comes to Recruiting Talent, Location Still Matters (2017-05-25)
- Narrowing the Search for Exceptional CIOs (2017-05-01)
- MIT Sloan CIO Symposium Names Leading Chief Information Officers as Finalists for 2017 Leadership Award (2017-04-20)