2017 Award Application is open! Deadline to apply is March 1
CIO AWARD 2017
2016 Award Co-Chair Chang, Finalist Phillips, Finalist Lieb, Dean Schmittlein, Winner Neitz, Event Chair Anderson, Finalist Kumar
The MIT Sloan CIO Leadership Award honors executives who lead their organizations to deliver exemplary levels of business value through innovative use of IT.
The Award, in its tenth year, draws applicants from a wide diversity of industries, countries, and backgrounds. Recipients, and their organizations, receive broad recognition for their accomplishments.
- Nominees must hold the title of Chief Information Officer (CIO) or equivalent. They must be the highest-level IT leader in the organization.
- Applicants are welcome from for-profit and not-for-profit organizations, with all assessed on a common set of criteria.
- Applicants must present accomplishments related to the applicant’s current position.
- Finalists will be expected to attend the Symposium in person.
Where Are They Now?
Past Award Winners and Finalists continue their amazing achievements by moving into new roles, often “CIOplus”:
- F. Thaddeus Arroyo (2014 Winner), CEO, Business Solutions and International, AT&T
- Adriana Karaboutis (2014 Finalist), Executive Vice President, Technology and Business Solutions (CIO reports into this role) at Biogen Idec
- Michael Relich (2013 Finalist), COO at Crate and Barrel
- Tom Nealon (2010 Winner), President, SouthWest Airlines
2015 Award Winner Michael Nilles with Finalists Hervé Coureil, Pablo Ciano, and Peter Nichol
AWARD WINNERS AND FINALISTS
Chief Digital Officer, Schindler Group & CEO Schindler Digital Business