Congratulations to this year’s Finalists!
CIO AWARD 2016
Award Co-Chair George Westerman presents the 2015 CIO Leadership Award to Michael Nilles, Schindler Group
The 2016 MIT Sloan CIO Leadership Award honors Chief Information Officers (CIOs) who lead their organizations by delivering business value and innovative use of IT in exceptional ways.
The Award, in its ninth year, draws applicants from a wide diversity of industries, countries, and backgrounds. Recipients, and their organizations, receive broad recognition for their accomplishments.
- Nominees must hold the title of Chief Information Officer (CIO) or equivalent. They must be the highest-level IT leader in the organization.
- Applicants are welcome from for-profit and not-for-profit organizations, with all assessed on a common set of criteria.
- Applicants must present accomplishments related to the applicant’s current position.
- Finalists will be expected to attend the Symposium in person.
Where Are They Now?
Past Award Winners and Finalists continue their amazing achievements by moving into new roles, often “CIOplus”:
- F. Thaddeus Arroyo (2014 Winner), CEO at Iusacell (AT&T acquisition)
- Adriana Karaboutis (2014 Finalist), Executive Vice President, Technology and Business Solutions (CIO reports into this role) at Biogen Idec
- Michael Relich (2013 Finalist), COO at GUESS?, Inc.
- Christopher Perretta (2012 Winner), Global Head of Enterprise Data and Technology (CIO reports into this role) at State Street Corporation
2015 Award Winner Michael Nilles with Finalists Hervé Coureil, Pablo Ciano, and Peter Nichol
AWARD WINNERS AND FINALISTS
Chief Digital Officer, Schindler Group & CEO Schindler Digital Business